Thanks for your interest in volunteering with the Adaptive Sports Center!
The Adaptive Sports Center is always in need of reliable volunteers to assist either in the field or office. Considered an essential part of the Adaptive Sports Center team, we utilize volunteers year-round based on their availability and skill level.
Interested in volunteering at our events or with our Development Department? Please contact Jessica Lapham, Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Volunteer Opportunities
Pass Volunteer (We are no longer accepting applications for pass volunteer positions, please apply for a non pass position if you'd like to be involved this winter!)
As a Winter Pass Volunteer you will team up with our instructors on the hill one day a week (+5 extra days during busy times) in exchange for a CBMR ski pass. You will demo ski drills, lift and load sit skis or act as a as a “ski buddy” for a family member or friend of a participant with a disability. Some participants travel from across the country to visit us, while others are full time local residents. Volunteers with a passion for the outdoors will assist people with disabilities and contribute to their amazing experience with the ASC.
- A typical volunteer day runs 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Volunteers receive an hour lunch break from 12-1 p.m.
- Volunteers must be intermediate or advanced skiers or snowboarders.
- All volunteers must agree to a federal background check (every two years).
- Volunteers are required to attend trainings in November/December.
- The minimum age to volunteer with the ASC is 16.
Non Pass Volunteer
A non-pass volunteer will have the same responsibilities and experiences as a pass volunteer, but you can make your own schedule. Want to volunteer once a week? Great! Once a month? Perfect! Once a season? We can make it work.
All NEW volunteers are required to attend the following trainings*:
- Program Foundations
- Intro to Sit Ski
- Lifting and Loading
- Cog 1 (introduction to cognitive disabilities)
New Pass volunteers are required to attend two additional trainings, and returning Pass Volunteers are required to attend three training clinics of their choice. Please check back in November for the winter training schedule!
*Volunteers are required to attend the above ASC trainings. If you are unable to attend please contact us to make arrangements for a make-up.
Ready to apply? Please complete the following steps:
- Fill out our online application
- Pass Volunteer (Pass Volunteer Positions have been filled for the 2016-2017 season)
- Non Pass Volunteer
- Download and print our Federal Background Check* and Waiver. Please sign and email to email@example.com, send it via snail mail or bring it with you to Happy Hour or Coffee in November.
- Attend required training clinics.
*Volunteers can elect to pay their Federal Background Check fee ($25) on the volunteer application
Important Dates Winter 2016-2017:
Friday, November 18, 8:30-10:30am at 325 Belleveiew (The Adaptive Building in town) : Volunteer Open House (Fill out paperwork, meet us, drink coffee!
Friday, March 20, 5pm: Volunteer Appreciation Party!
***Please check back in November for clinics and training calendar***
Questions? Please emai Lindsay Hallvik, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.